Zapier is a third-party integration platform that allows CredSpark clients to integrate with the various platforms available within the Zapier system. To explain how to set up this integration we chose a popular customer relationship management platform - Salesforce as an example.
We're using Salesforce to demonstrate how to set up this integration, but you can use Zapier and CredSpark with any platform available on Zapier such as Mailchimp, Marketo, Hubspot...you name it!
To complete this integration, you will need to:
- Authenticate your Credspark account in Zapier
- Pick a new interaction completion as a trigger
- Choose the app you want to integrate with and the action event
- Map the data you want to send from one app to the other
- Test your mapping in Zapier
- Launch and test in a live production environment
Before the start make sure you have:
- a Zapier account
- a Credspark account
- a Salesforce account
Step 1: Authenticate your Credspark account in Zapier
Access to the CredSpark app via Zapier is restricted to the public. To receive an invitation, email email@example.com (we will send an authentication token too). Once you have received an invitation, CredSpark will appear on your apps list:
Step 2: Pick a new completion as a trigger
Click on the dropdown and select "New Assessment Response" as a trigger. A trigger is an event in an app that starts the Zap. You can read more about that here. Once you set up a Zap, Zapier will monitor the app for that event.
Next, choose the interaction that you want to send data from. Every time someone completes that interaction (hits the submit button), the data is sent directly to your Salesforce account.
Step 3: Choose the app you want to integrate with an action event
After the trigger is set up choose the app and action event (what should happen in your selected platform once someone completes the CredSpark interaction). In our example the desired action is “Create Record”:
Step 4: Map the data you want to send from one app to the other
To properly set up a new record creation, you must map the fields from the interaction to the ones in Salesforce.
- When you are looking at a list of fields in your Salesforce account, click Show advanced options to see the full list.
- For each field, you can click the dropdown button on the right and choose the corresponding field from Credspark. Click Continue when you're done.
- You don't have to map all of the Salesforce fields. Each quiz completion will still create a new lead in Salesforce, leaving unmapped fields blank.
Step 5: Test your mapping in Zapier
You can Skip the test in Zapier, but we encourage everyone to run a live test before the quiz is actually launched to begin collecting responses. Make sure that:
- Your quiz is Published - meaning it is ready to collect data
- Embed your quiz on a site or an HTML page - data is not sent from Preview mode
- Submit a quiz response at least once for the Zapier test to work
- Hit Send test to Salesforce – this is for real. You should see a new lead created in Salesforce in just a few minutes.
Step 6: Launch and test
If you want to test a live integration turn your zap on and make sure you have completed the checklist above. If everything works as intended, you’re all done! Start quizzing your audience and the leads will flow from Credspark to Salesforce automatically.